The Diablo III thread...

MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM - Games, Politics, Tech, Film, Music, Arts, Culture, Travel, teh Intarweb or whatever else is on your mind.

Moderator: enderzero

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Stupid Dumb Bastard #1 - Diggn11

Post by N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!! »

l2eckluse: Hey ya stupid dumb bastard, what the frig do you think about my latest Diablo 3 release date discovery?

Diggn11: I was an avid Diablo fan until Wow. Since Diablo3 isn't going to be as good as WOW, then I'd say your about 7 years too late. Bliz should go back to the drawing board until they come up with something new.

l2eckluse: Wow, you actually think WOW is better than Diablo 3???? Until they come up with something new??? Wow! You stupid dumb bastard you really are a stupid dumb bastard!!! WOW was 7 years too dated 7 years ago!!!

*l2eckluse then feels bad because maybe Diggn11 is blind???

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Stupid Dumb Bastard #2 - 1Pac

l2eckluse!: What's up 1Pac! What you think of my recent discovery of when Diablo 3 is going to be released?

1Pac: Man, this game is going to be so boss!

l2eckluse!: Yeah...tell me something I don't know you stupid dumb bastard!

1Pac: Been waiting for this since Diablo 2 way back in the day! I don't really care if this game's release date gets pushed back another year actually... as long as Blizz is fixing bugs and perfecting the game, then take another decade if you have to Blizz!

l2eckluse!: WHAT!?!?!? Don't care??? Another Decade?!?!?!?

1Pac: Well... actually maybe not that long haha

l2eckluse!: Do you have any idea how close you came to joining your brother just now 1Pac? Do you?!?!?!?

1Pac: Why did they take out Diablo from the battle chest? My copy is scratched and I can't find it anywhere anymore.

l2eckluse!: Do I need to give Cathy Scott a reason to write another book?

*l2eckluse! gives Cathy Scott a reason to write another book.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Not such a stupid dumb bastard - Andymesagez

l2eckluse!: OK so just answer the friggin question I've asked the last two stupid dumb bastards!

Andymesagez: this game should get 10 out of 9 if u ask me lol....

l2eckluse!: Actually its been 11 out of 20...YEARS!!!! But way to think outside the box!

Andymesagez: diablo series was my fav of all time and the third part of the story is to be the best even yet.

l2eckluse!: yeah yeah yeah...whatever...get the hell out of here...

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Stupid dumb bastard #3 - Ryan291

l2eckluse!: Alright so what do you think of my discovery of Diablo III taking 9 more years to finish?

Ryan291: I was in my local gamestop the other day buying the Diablo 2 battle chest for my cousin for his b-day so he can play with me.

l2eckluse!: Oh how thoughtful of you...now go on

Ryan291: The associate asked me if I wanted to pre order D3 since I am buying D2.

l2eckluse!: What?!?!? You didn't actually buy it did you???? What'd you tell the stupid dumb bastard?

Ryan291: I said I won't be doing that until at least a release date is announced.

l2eckluse!: Blizzard slipped up and hinted to it being 9 years from now on the front page of the D3 website! but officially Blizzard doesn't have one!

Ryan291: She says that there is one and looked it up on the computer.

l2eckluse!: !!!!!!!!

Ryan291: According to Gamestops computer database D3 is scheduled for release on November 2nd of this year.

l2eckluse!: I wouldn't believe her.

Ryan291: I didn't believe her but she turned the monitor around and it did in fact say that.

l2eckluse!: Ok well, obviously this is just some arbitrary number that Gamestop has that is a best guess estimate of when they speculate it will come out because November is typically when games are released so that they don't miss out on Christmas sales. However, Rob Pardo did say, "were crossing our fingers, maybe it will be this year."

Ryan291: Thats awesome IF IT IS TRUE.

l2eckluse!: It is true!

Ryan291: I am having high doubts.

l2eckluse!: Nothing I said was false! That's how it works!!!

Ryan291: I feel Blizzard would publicly announce on their website for everyone to see as soon as a date was made but the again who knows.

l2eckluse!: No...they would just finish the game and not tell anyone about it and then put the boxes on the shelves when nobody was looking. Of course they would publicly announce it! What you saw was just some stupid number on a computer monitor - it means nothing!

Ryan291: It's food for thought.

l2eckluse!: Whatever...I'm sick of doing these stupid interviews...It's friggin boring the hell out of me and I'm sick of waiting for Diablo 3 to come out. I was sick of waiting for it 1 year ago and 5 years before that after I had been waiting for it for 5 years. I'm friggin done...

*l2eckluse! walks away

Ryan291: Just thought I would share this info.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Electrocity interviews l2eckluse about Diablo 3!!!

Electrocity: Ok think about it. When has Blizzard ever done any wrong with the release of its games.

l2eckluse!: World of Warcraft. That game actually hurt a lot of peoples lives because it was so incredibly addictive. There were cases of addiction so strong that the addicts lives became unmanageable and they had to get help and completely abstain from using a computer.

Electrocity: Unlike alot of companies that release MMOs , Blizzard takes there time to make sure that there game is ready for the release. They dont wanna rush it out and say "There ya go, o btw theres about 60 million bugs in the game thats means we will have to patch it ever 2-3 days.Instead Blizzard makes sure that there game has as few bugs as possible for the release date.

l2eckluse!: I haven't actually played an MMO though but yeah bugs suck and Blizzard does a good job of minimizing them but at the same time what is most important is that the game is fun - really fun. Still though it is really getting hard to wait.

Electrocity: Ya i wanna play Diablo 3 just as bad as anyone else, but if it means that i have to wait until next year to play it so theres hardly any bugs, then so be it. I dont wanna play Diablp 3 when there are so many bugs that the game is so lame to play.

l2eckluse!: I get your point. Aren't you supposed to be interviewing me though?

Electrocity: So just think about it, do you realy want it to come out early with lots of mistakes, or do you wanna wait until they know they are ready and actually be able to play the game?

l2eckluse!: I've been thinking about it...it's been hard not to with continually bringing it up. You suck worse than me at interviewing and I'm still friggin bored! INTERVIEW FAIL!!!

*l2eckluse! walks away looking for someone else to talk to

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

l2eckluse! chats with Skyboxer about Electrocity!

l2eckluse!: Well that was redundant...all that Electrocity guy over there wanted to talk to me about was how he didn't want to play a game with a bunch of bugs, but at least he had a good attitude about waiting. What do you think about that?

Skyboxer: First off it kills me how these "Instant gratification" generation gamers knock a game that actually takes it's time to get it right.

*l2eckluse! nods

Skyboxer: One thing this developer is known for is not rushing out games just to meet a deadline. When they are asked when the game will be released their answer is always "When it's done".

*l2eckluse! nods

Skyboxer: Games like Madden release every year and they end up being terrible but they have to get the game out to meet the season deadline. I'd much rather wait for a quality product than get a bug infested game.

l2eckluse!: Yeah...that's what what's-his-face was saying...

Skyboxer: The Diablo series has been GREAT and I still play Diable II to this day. Can't say that about too many other games especially ones that get released because of pressure from the bean counters.

l2eckluse!: Me too...although it was 5 years ago...seems just like yesterday I was playing D2 LOD.

Skyboxer: Anyone remember Football Pro 99???

l2eckluse!: No. I haven't played a football game since 4th and Inches on the Commodore 64 and even then I didn't play it.

Skyboxer: So in the end the game will arrive when it's ready and you can be rest assured it will be money well spent. If you would rather get a bad game instead of waiting for a quality one then have fun wasting more money.

l2eckluse!: I've never planned on doing that though...You should go talk to what's-his-face.

*l2eckluse! wanders aimlessly

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Dukelzan vents frustration upon l2eckluse!

Dukelzan: OK I have to ask, how can you have a villain that isn't Diablo or one of his brothers?

l2eckluse!: I don't know. But what if Diablo had a couple kids? And they were hidden until now and have both come to age to join their father in the fight for evil? Maybe Diablo has a sister!!!

Dukelzan: I would say that at least one would be revived, but all three of their soul stones were destroyed in 2 (well, okay one of the stones was destroyed in the expansion for 2).

l2eckluse!: What about the mother of Diablo??? The father?

Dukelzan: I would say mommy or daddy, but there has never been any mention of them in the game at all. Before anyone complains, I have beaten both of the others, but not the expansions for them.

l2eckluse!: I'm not complaining...at least about Diablo 3...kind of complaining about being bored though...

*l2eckluse! starts getting frustrated and begins talking to himself

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

A social worker sees l2eckluse! and is concerned

social worker: Your behavior I think is coming off as erratic to people.

l2eckluse: my boredom...

social worker: Ok, your boredom is coming off as erratic to people.

l2eckluse: Well, you borrow my brain for a while and see what happens.

social worker: (smiling) I think some of those things that you are putting out there are making people think something is wrong with you.

l2ecluse!: That has nothing to do with me really. They are entitled to, I suppose, interpret stuff as they must.

social worker: Some of them are saying you are bipolar.

l2eckluse!: WOW. What does that mean?

socal worker: I guess that you are on two ends of the spectrum.

l2eckluse!: wow, and then what? what's the cure? medicine?

social worker: have you had anyone reach out to you to try and help you?

l2eckluse!: Oh yeah...radical people...just radical people. And their not telling me what to do.

social worker: Who gave you the best piece of advice?

l2eckluse!: They didn't give me any advice and within that there is great advice.

social worker: When was the last time you used?

l2eckluse!: Use? See I don't use...I use a computer, I use a blender, I use a vacuum cleaner, you know...household items. When was the last time I ingested or took drugs?

social worker: yes. when was the last time you took drugs?

l2eckluse!: I don't remember. I do not remember.

social worker: a week ago? two weeks ago?

l2eckluse!: I don't know

social worker: tell me about the last time you took drugs.

l2eckluse!: The last time I took drugs I probably took more than anybody could survive.

social worker: what are we talking about? How much?

l2eckluse!: I don't know man I was shooting Valium, swallowing pain killers, and drinking tons of alcohol because thats how I rolled. I have one speed, I have one gear and I go full on.

social worker: how do you survive that?

l2eckluse!: because I'm me. I'm different. I have a different constitution, I have a different brain, I have a different heart.

social worker: you didn't worry you were going to die when you took that many drugs?

l2eckluse!: dying's for fools!

social worker: but you're only human.

l2eckluse!: there's certain blends I will not entertain because that is how people go down. I'm too educated about drugs to do that. I've studied them extensively and still do to this day. I'm sorry about the guys that do that but you need to be an educated drug user.

social worker: so you actually have a strategy about how you take your drugs?

l2eckluse: used to. Used to have a strategy. I don't need it anymore.

social worker: you're clean right now?

l2eckluse: yes

social worker: so is this better now? you're life now. clean. is it better than being on drugs?

l2eckluse!: perfect, it's perfect. no it doesn't compare. they are whole different realities. there are great things about both but right now I am harnessing absolute focus. It's exciting. I've come back from a place that would destroy most people.

social worker: are you worried you are going to relapse?

l2eckluse!: no.

social worker: why?

l2eckluse!: Because I can't. It's not possible. Period. The end.

social worker: ok well then there is nothing else to discuss.

*social worker walks off

l2eckluse!: great..goodbye.

*l2eckluse! thinks, " I wonder what Charlie Sheen would have said." and walks off into the sunset.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

***Admiral McNevin approaches.***

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

***Admiral McNevin yawns at the Dungeon Siege III pre-order***

Admiral McNevin: So when does Diablo III come out?

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

R3cogniz3r: I don't know, but Portal 2 unlocks soon. (faster if more people play those damned indie games)

***R3cogniz3r wishes he had enabled RDP before going to work, so he could turn on Audio Surf, and leave it on all day to aid in the efforts.***

***R3cogniz3r wishes this PR stunt was over, and he was playing Portal 2.***

***R3cogniz3r sighs***

R3cogniz3r: I suppose I shall have to finish up Metro 2033 this weekend instead. Now where's Diablo III?

***R3cogniz3r wonders whether he'd rather have it now with a few bugs, or let Blizzard polish it up first.***

***R3cogniz3r types [TEE HEE HEE]***

R3cogniz3r: [TEE HEE HEE]

+++I'm not sure what you're trying to do.+++

***R3cogniz3r types [Kick cat]***

+++zzzeeeeeooooowwwwwwooooooowwwwwww+++

+++The evil wizard Mananan warps in and zaps you for kicking his cat.+++

R3cogniz3r: Effing cat!

***R3cogniz3r stops playing King's Quest III.***

http://www.agdinteractive.com/

***R3cogniz3r eats wizzenberries.***

+++Time passes.+++
Last edited by R3C on Fri Apr 15, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

^^^Give wizzenberries.^^^

+++There is no one around here.+++

+++There is no one around here.+++

^^^Drop wizzenberries.^^^

+++There is no reason to do that.+++

^^^Eat wizzenberries.^^^

+++Time passes.+++

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

*** McNevin gestures thumbs up in a Commander Mark Fashion ***

McNevin: Yeeeaaaaahhhh!

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

teh l2eckloose

is suffering from a dramatically high level of acute lethargy. The air is so heavy it's weighing my lungs down making for extremely labored respiration. Can someone please feed me to death with cake before I die of either total respiratory failure or crushed by gravity? Just make sure it isn't chocolate or lemon.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

The bones in my are arms are shrinking by my wrists.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

+++l2eckluse eats the wizzenberries. Time passes.+++

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

w00t!

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Nothing like wizzenberries to get you going! :D

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

*** McNevin visits www.aperturescience.com/glados@home/ ***

McNevin: Shant be long now...

*** McNevin pre-loads Portal 2 in anticipation ***

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Read my SP1 suckness thread. :grind:

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

Read the interweb announcement that DIII comes in 2012... :eviltongue:

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Big surprise! :D

I know that took me by surprise. Anyone else? :D

:D :D :D

HEHEHEHEHHEHHEEHEH

Oh well, The Witcher 2 looks like it will be my next RPG anyway. Then I'll be off of them until Mass Effect 3 most likely.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Terraria is better than Diablo 3!

That is all!

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

Funny, but semi true. It's taken my world by storm.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

really that much bettar?!?!?!?

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Damned better! Still have a license if you think your clavicle can handle it! I've sent you a license. (to your Comcast email) I hope I got it right. I didn't have it available, but my memory works pretty well usually. Ender has one too.

Now redeem them!

Damnit!

Over...

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

You can txt, call, or email either me, McNevin, or Ch0ki to get the server password. Over...

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Hmmm..... I don't know.... This looks like it could be pretty fun...

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39160/

If the arrows spin.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

heh....crazy...is so weird to see that being made by a different company...I don't know what the deal is with gpg now but I heard they are whoring themselves to age of empires to later fund finishing kings and castles...just a rumor though...

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

I think that's completely plausible. :D Damned code-whores! heheheh