I feel that... (Terraria)

MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM - Games, Politics, Tech, Film, Music, Arts, Culture, Travel, teh Intarweb or whatever else is on your mind.

Moderator: enderzero

R3C
Star Post

I feel that... (Terraria)

Post by R3C »

... I would be doing all three people that might be in here a disservice by not mentioning how GOD DAMNED COOL this game is:

http://terraria.org/

I spent 3-4 hours (I think,) last night building my own underground fortress. I've built a few surface structures to try and get more people to move into my town. (there are different things you can do to attract different types of tenants, like merchants, arms dealers, etc.) If they move in, you get new and better items. So far, I've failed in my attempts. I have managed to fortify it enough to keep the zombies and demon-eyes out at night though. :) It's just me and my advisor underground.

I've started mining deeper, and have hit some really interesting areas. It's slow going by myself though, because you have to make sure you can get back out again, make sure the tunnels are lit, etc. or it gets dangerous really fast down there.

MANY PLAYER MFing' COOP!!!!! So when are my friends going to join me at #6 Bishop's Mews? (that's what I called my area) I'm running out of trees up-top though, so it may be a good idea to start a #7 Bishop's Mews level with "Large" map (as mine is only medium.)

Who can play soon?

I'm actually thinking about running a 24/7 server! Password protected, that we can all jump in and out of at will!!!

Over!
Last edited by R3C on Thu May 26, 2011 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Some people from the HardForum want to play, so I may create a world on the server tonight, and get a few people going. We can have up to 8 people until they lift the cap (I guess they're working on that.)

So, I'll try to get a server running around 7 or 8 maybe, and contact those of you with the game. Over...

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Thinking of grabbing another four pack. l2ick, if you think you might like to play, let me know, and I'll put you in on that next four pack.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

This is probably the best game I've ever played... Sure there are plenty of good games, but this one has a little of everything, well executed, plays on anything just about, persistent multi/single player worlds, people can just hop in and out at will, and see the progress. Did get the second 4 pack. So I have a couple of licenses left if someone wants to start playing with us. Choki, Admiral, and I are playing so far. I have a 24/7 server running. Anyone that doesn't play this HATES GAMES, HATES FUN, and is doomed to a life of relative non-funnery! That will be all...

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

I'll check er out.

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

Wow looks cool. Any extra packs lying around?

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

Can you play with a gamepad?

McNevin
Post Apocalyptic

Post by McNevin »

We played till 1:30am last night, fun times were had.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

As far as I know it's KB+Mouse only, but maybe you could do some fancy Joy2Key mapping or something along those lines. They're working on updates for it. I do indeed have a license for you. Send me the email address (PM if you like) for where I should send it. Preferably the address associated with your Steam account.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Played again until 1:00ish last night. I found the underground jungle! I've got around 1.2 rows of hearts now. I didn't know you just ate them, and could do it one at a time. I thought you had to collect 10 like you do for magic. So, just use the heart crystals when you find them.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

We also need to get up onto the floating islands to build castles! 8)

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Looks like they released the game early due to demand, so it's not even done yet. I guess they'll be adding in a ton of content as things progress. WOOOOOHOOOOOOO!!!!

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

This game just gets more fun! So, today, I may need to stop the server for about 5 minutes in the afternoon. Just want to take a quick backup of our world. Just in case.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Our multi-player world is at:

dig.r3cs3rv.org

You'll need to get the password from one of us. (Choki, Admiral, myself.)

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

3nd0r and l2ixly, did you get your copies? I sent to email rather than through Steam. (seems to work better that way most of the time)

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Can't seem to join from here at the moment. Looks like maybe someone unplugged the lapto.... I mean... Server... :D I'll get it back up as soon as I get home if it's really offline.

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

Copy received! Thank you. This weekend it will be explored.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

I didn't see you, have you tried connecting yet? Choki and I have been hard at work creating a system of "freeways" if you will, (or if you won't even,) that run through the sky, underground, and surface to allow anyone with the Hermes/Mercury boots to run really fast from one side of the map to the other. We're working on connecting the floating islands as well. There is a newly created mine-shaft that one can just hop into, and drop straight through all of the vertical layers. You just need a grappling hook or Ivy whip if you want to stop before the bottom.

I have amassed a plethora of items, armor, and tools for anyone that needs them. So if you hop in, and want to gear up, let me know. I'll come in and hand you some shite!

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Sorry I ditched out last night. My intention was to play all night, and then we had some guests out of nowhere. Mr. l2ixl4r, did you eventually get up and running properly? I can show you some more of the nuances tonight if you're on. I should be playing most of the evening on and off. We can optimize your accessories, and get you some good building materials.

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

Sorry sorry. Was away this weekend and have been a bit under the weather but I'm gonna dive in here soon. Thank you for your patience and now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Not a problem. We have a lovely floating city forming in the sky, extensive mines and freeway systems. We need to do some serious hell-layer exploration. We even have a glass restaurant floating over the corruption! Le Soul Eater Bistro! I need to revisit the underground jungle soon. Let me know when you plan to go in, and I'll dump some items for you to get you up to speed.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Thanks for hopping in last night! Auggie has an island much higher than the ones the city is forming on, and there is another one near it that is completely empty. I just need to pinpoint it, and build a tower down to it. Then you can start building on it. I'll mark it with a sign when it's ready.

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Post by N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!! »

I should hop in...I am feeling hop envy...but it just sucks to be broken...missing the summer am I...sad am I...I am going to murder Yoda nonetheless though the little green freak!

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Yes, some hopping is good. I need to get you out of the goblin zone, and then you'll start having fun. Once we get you out of there, you can get armored up, I can give you some good tools, and you can start building things.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

There's something big going on. Something.... ....big.... Maths and I are working on something..... big!

....big....

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

We now have the beginnings of our BUILDING MATERIAL WAREHOUSE!!! Thousands of units of premium building materials at the very low, low price of NOTHING! 40+ chests packed with top quality building materials, like Hell Bricks, Meteorite, Green Dungeon Bricks, Glass, Gold Bricks, Silver Bricks, Buckets of Lava, Water, Wood, and other delightful supplies! Tools, lighting, furniture, weapons, and other top quality items are available too. Located in the scenic basement of Maths' floating island. Come down today, and build something swell!!! Offer void where prohibited.

The Terraria Renaissance is beginning. The times of plenty are upon us. Now is the time for artistic building and terraforming. And creative methods of Harpie killing!!! Damned things! I made a lava pit on top of one of my towers, with a covered walkway over it. I walk out into it, they swarm around it, I walk back, and down the stairs. They all fly into the lava pit!! Jerks!

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Hmm... I feel that they took this game in a direction that I didn't quite enjoy as much, but there have been a few updates since, with lots of new items, etc. etc. So... I think I'll be setting up a server with a new world at the same address soon. Might be fun to get in and do a bit of building. I may start by setting up a warehouse of sorts early on. I may also see if one of the new patches fixed our old world too. I've got RAGEing to do though, so may be a little while off.