Neuropsychopharmacology Tonight! with your host l2eckluse!

MAIN DISCUSSION FORUM - Games, Politics, Tech, Film, Music, Arts, Culture, Travel, teh Intarweb or whatever else is on your mind.

Moderator: enderzero

N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!!
Hitching Post

Neuropsychopharmacology Tonight! with your host l2eckluse!

Post by N3ur0n0saurusl2exs0r!!! »

Yeah so I got the sick. I got the fever...coughy phlegmmy yuckiness...bleeeeaaahhh Don't like to be sick precious no we don't!

Anyways...Instead of going with the behind the counter(because it has pseudoephedrine in it) original formula Nyquil route, which I used to abuse back in the day, I thought I would piece together my own cold remedy.

What was interesting today is that back in the day I was actually overdosing on acetaminophen and didn't even know it. I actually didn't even know that acetaminophen is actually paracetamol but paracetamol is in greater use in other countries like England so I've heard.

So the only useful ingredients in Nyquil were dextromethorphan and pseudoephedrine. Those were the fun ingredients. The crappy ingredients was of course acetaminophen and the snoozy doxylamine succinate...but I digress...HOLY SMOKES! heh I just used digress...

Being a little wiser these days, and liking the idea of being nice to my kidneys and liver, the behind the counter Nyquil was out of the orally administered question! hehe

Enter Mr. Guaifenesin...I really don't like him that much. He makes me sick. No really he makes me feel like throwing up but I haven't seen him for a while and since we both hate Mr. Mucas I thought I'd have him deal with him a bit tonight.

Instead of paracetamol I think some aspirin would do nicely to get rid of some aches and pains separate from Mr. Guaifensin so he is no big deal especially in low dosages so got some of him.

NOW...heh...this party wouldn't be good without dj DXM present so kinda got more than I should of him around the 405mg level yesternight but tonight he laid down his 540mg set! yeeeah...more about him later though....

BECAUSE...there are a few more druggys to invite to the party: Mr. Phenylephrine Bitartrate, Mr. Chlorpheniramine Maleate, and of course Ms. Seroquel.

Mr. Chlorpheniramine Maleate is kind of fun though because he likes screwing around with serotonin and norepinephrine like Effexor does by limiting their reuptake but too much of him and he is fatally annoying.

Now there was quite the serendipitous discovery of Mr. Phenylephrine Bitartrate eliminating Ms. Seroquel's nasal nagging that occurs at higher dosages - usually Mr. Blah blah blah...getting sick of this personification of drugs...ok just talking chemicals now and going to get to the point.

The point is that a long time ago when we all used to trip on psychedelics there was that point where things would get too intense sometimes and I had somehow heard about how to neutralize the effects of LSD by using a drug called chlorpromazine. I think I heard that is what they give people that freak out so bad they have to be taken to the ER of a hospital. I thought at that point, "wow that would be a useful drug to have around just in case something bad happened."

WELL, my knowledge of drugs has expanded since then, specifically antipsychotics(cuz I got chlorpromazine prescribed to me), and I auspiciously found out that chlorpromazine is actually Thorazine which is what you hear about what they give crazy people in movies by giving them a shot. Thorazine is an old drug though and it has had several successors, most notably olanzapine (Zyprexa). Olanzapine is now administered intramuscularly to treat acute psychosis but it is mostly used in pill form for crazy people to take to get rid of the craziness.

What chlorpromazine and olanzapine have in common is that they are both antipsychotics. Antipsychotics are great for treating psychedelics gone bad. The old antipsychotics are called "typical" and the new antipsychotics are called "atypical." There are a bunch of both being prescribed these days.

OK!!!!!!!!!! so what happened tonight?????

DXM is a psychedelic, when taken waaay above cold remedy levels(but everyone knew that), and so the effects of it can be neutralized by an antipsychotic since psychedelics can cause psychosis.

I took 540mg of DXM and waited until I got the fun effects of it and then administered 150mg of quetiapine(Seroquel) and in about 15 minutes all the effects of my DXM trip just stopped...which sucked because inducing being psychotic from an exongenous source is fun!!! So it stopped the fun!!! And it has made me sleepy...or that could be the 2.5mg of olanzapine I took to accompany it...ack...it just hit me...about to lose from the snooze...

Ok so one crappy thing about higher doses of quetiapine is it screws up the breathing by sinus inflammation but the phenylephrine bitartrate got rid of that and I also used nasal spray(saline solution + preservatives) so I can breathe completely easy now...ok...to be continued I am about to zonk...