Life Under Lockdown: What are you not driving?

A place to talk about all things forever
R3C
Star Post

Life Under Lockdown: What are you not driving?

Post by R3C »

As several of us are automobile-minded, and haven't chatted recently: What are you NOT :D driving these days?

Here's me at the moment.

In Chelan last year. 99 Carrera 996.
996.jpg
996.jpg (259.31 KiB) Viewed 19485 times

enderzero
Site Admin

Re: Life Under Lockdown: What are you not driving?

Post by enderzero »

Oh yeah!! Awesome.

Leased this 2017 A4 3 years ago and just financed it a couple months ago. It's mine! One of less than 500 in CA with a manual transmission. Get this, Audi no longer makes ANY CARS available in US with a manual. STUPID. It's the butteriest transmission I've evar had. So nice.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

Nice!! Love that short shifter. Mine's almost (but not quite) that short. I haven't had 300HP before. Even my fastest cars were just under 200 before. :D (well excluding some un-fun vehicles that had large motors) I drive fairly quickly with it, and just when I think I've got the whole thing down, I stomp on it randomly, and am taken a bit by surprise at just how quick it is. It's almost like the ECU has a separate curve for 1mm before full throttle and exactly full throttle. :lol:

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

Oh yeah that things is a race car. Mine has a mere 252bhp but it's the twin turbo AWD that is so fun. Not so great for kudos but great for very quick freeway interchanging. Especially on LA's steep and twisty two-lane interchanges.

Bill Drayton Jr.
Post Apocalyptic

Post by Bill Drayton Jr. »

I miss having horsepower...I have a measly 161HP in a 2016 Kia Soul+ which is an automatic. The 850R Volvo had nearly 300HP and was kind of fun but then I got a newer AWD version with 247HP but had crazy noticeable turbo lag where the 1998 850R had no noticeable lag. I think now though if I wanted to have fun I would need more power like at least 400HP to want to drive fast anymore. I never speed ever, it's pretty sad. If I had the cash I don't even know what I would like to have but it would probably be a wagon again like a 400-500HP Volvo wagon would probably be what I would want oddly enough.

Murray

Post by Murray »

I am not driving this beauty - just picked up a 2020 Volvo XC60 at teh start of March. Traded in 2 cars - a 2017 Murano & a 2012 Jaguar XF. Didn't need 2 cars in retirement. Test drove an Audi Q5, a Mercedes GLC300 and a Jag FPace. The Volvo came out on top, followed closely by teh Audi and the Merc tied for 2nd, the Jag a distant 4th. I've never sat in a more comfortable vehicle. Just in time to not make any road trips with all my free days.
xc60 interior.jpg
xc60 interior.jpg (7.78 KiB) Viewed 19470 times
http://forum.enderzero.net/download/file.php?mode=view&id=15
Attachments
xc60 exterior.jpg
xc60 exterior.jpg (7.39 KiB) Viewed 19470 times

Bill Drayton Jr.
Post Apocalyptic

Post by Bill Drayton Jr. »

I drove a friends Volvo XC90, but can't remember what the year was on it. It was pretty comfortable. It's basically still a wagon just a taller version of one ha.

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

I had a C70 for a while that was pretty fun. I liked the convertible aspect until I had convertible issues. :grind: It was quick, comfortable, and fun in a luxury-sort-of-way rather than sporty.

spidermonkey
Sign Post

Post by spidermonkey »

I have eschewed gasoline, shifting (and car washes, evidently) for a 2017 Chevy Bolt.
It feels a bit more like driving a video game than a car but still might be the most enjoyable vehicle I've had, at least since the old 944...
IMG_20200325_153611.jpg
IMG_20200325_153611.jpg (7.05 MiB) Viewed 19463 times

R3C
Star Post

Post by R3C »

This electric monkey-car is quite fun indeed!

Megatron
Hitching Post

Post by Megatron »

I'm currently not pushing a 2019 Honda Accord Hybrid EXT, the last time I put gas in it was March. It is the small-people-at-home-go-to-childcare, then big-people-go-to-work, and then that same thing in reverse, mobile.

enderzero
Site Admin

Post by enderzero »

I'm sure one of these bad boys would push your small peoplem around just fine.

Megatron
Hitching Post

Post by Megatron »

Oh, absolutely. A genius in engineering. Boomer produced, GenZ approved. An Eminem-generation abused fossil fuel travel tool.

One of my favorite cars ever.

However, it doesn't hold the memory of gasmasking high grade marijuana in my Little Caesars uniform with visitors from Mississippi.